Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Who am I?

Well, granted, the above question is difficult to answer. I don't really have the response down right. But since this is a travel blog the number 1 aspect of my personality you should be familiar with is the fact that I am an Introvert. ( pause for dramatic effect )
To dispel the air of ambiguity around the meaning of what an introvert is I shall tell you my interpretation. To me an introvert is not someone who hates social settings or gatherings. I personally quite enjoy them for a certain amount of time and with certain people. So in that sense I think an introvert is more particular about the people they are with and the amount of time they are with those said people. Another aspect of my "introvertism" is that I'm not that great with crowds. Crowds that consist of friends are definitely less intimidating than those made up of strangers, but still uncomfortable.
I am also very loud, yes very contradictory but as Mr. Whitman puts it "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." Another aspect of my "multitudeness" is that I actually enjoy social gatherings, wholly and completely, while with familiar people. I also tend to be pretty free in constant groups like a classroom. If you asked my class mates what kind of a person I am, majority would actually say extrovert.
So essentially I am both, but my introvert side tends to dominate. So I try my best to get out of my comfort zone and try new experiences and new things.
That's why I've decided to write this blog. It's not a traditional travel blog where I write exclusively about where I go; It first outlines what are my fears and fantasies regarding the place and what image I've constructed of in my mind. Then after that I will write about my actual experience with the place and whether I enjoyed or despised it.( I hope enjoy )
Through this unconventionally therapeutic blog, not only can I become a little less intimidated and shy, and a little more bold but also it would be great if I can help somebody else to come to terms with and cope with their introversion.


"Take every chance drop every fear"

Your Truly
T.S

No comments:

Post a Comment